Ever since the initial announcement in September, Apple’s loyal fans have been anxiously awaiting the release of the iPhone X. Apple has continued to impress customers with upgrades and improvements, since the original iPhone’s release 10 years ago. According to Apple, the iPhone X is its biggest technological leap forward yet! Here are some of the features we are most excited about.
Design & Display
Apple first and foremost wanted to create a phone that is all display, allowing users to feel as if the device itself is the experience. What does this mean?
- An edge-to-edge 5.8-inch Super Retina screen seamlessly melts into a stainless steel band that encases the all-glass body.
- OLED technology brings your screen to life, promising accurate colors, true blacks, high brightness, and a million-to-one contrast ratio. It boasts 2436 x 1125 resolution and 458 pixels per inch – the highest ever released in an iPhone. This technology supports HDR, wide color, 3D Touch, and True Tone.
- Built of durable glass and surgical-grade stainless steel, it is water and dust resistant and supports inductive wireless charging. (Keep your eye out for an AirPower accessory to be released in 2018.)
- Goodbye, Home button! The new user experience includes swiping up to access the Home screen. Intuitive gestures simplify navigation.
A11 Bionic is the smartest and most powerful chip ever – boasting a neural engine capable of up to 600 billion operations per second.
- Featuring six cores and 4.3 billion transistors, A11 Bionic has 4 efficiency cores up 70% faster than A10 fusion chip, and 2 performance cores up to 25% faster.
- Custom battery design lasts up to two hours longer than the iPhone 7.
- Machine learning allows Face ID to adapt to physical changes in your appearance over time.
- The three-core GPU is up to 30% faster than A10 Fusion
- A11 Bionic powers outstanding augmented reality experiences in games and apps
A powerful system of technologies merges with A11 Bionic to enable Face ID, portrait mode, and Animoji.
- No Home button means no Touch ID. Instead? Facial Recognition. Face ID uses a front-facing camera system (TrueDepth) to create a 3D map of your face – perfect for unlocking your phone, accessing password protected apps, and authenticating purchases.
- oFace ID can detect your face under hats and other obscuring objects; can’t be fooled by photos and masks; works in the dark; and only unlocks your phone when you’re looking at it.
- Utilize portrait lighting and portrait mode for the front-facing camera to create striking selfies straight out of a studio.
- TrueDepth camera can analyze more than 50 facial movements and mimic your expressions via Animoji, which can be used in the Messages app.
Dual 12MP Cameras
- The new and improved camera boasts a larger and faster 12 mega-pixel sensor, a new color filter, deeper pixels, and a new telephoto camera
- Depth-sensing cameras and facial mapping technologies allow for studio-quality photography.
- Both cameras feature optical image stabilization and fast lenses for gorgeous photography and videography even in poor lighting.
- Cameras enable optical zoom and digital zoom up to 10x for photos and 6x for videos.
- Available with 64 ($999) or 256GB ($1,199) of storage
- Pre-Orders: Friday, October 27
- Launch Date: Friday, November 3
- Current Delivery times are now 2-3 weeks according to Apple.com